Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Two small classic desert scenes


I never left the house yesterday so had time to complete these two paintings.  I now have seven 8X10 classic desert scenes for the November art festival.  I think ten would be a good number to have for that show.  I am running out of 8X10 frames so that means I'll have to get to some yard sales or thrift stores soon. Along with the two paintings, I got a few more domino train stations base coated yesterday and a couple of prepped canvases that I will work on today.  This will be another "at home" day so I may complete at least one painting. 

On another subject, we found a scorpion in our bathroom last night. It was on the floor in the doorway into the room.  I don't know how I missed stepping on it.  I was barefooted.  Even though we killed it I made sure I had shoes on when I got up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom just in case he had a friend. This is the second one in the house in the 17 years we have lived here.  The other one was about 9 years ago.  I paint scorpions in my critter series but I don't want live ones in my house! 

Here is one of my colorful critter paintings.  Some people love these paintings and others are phobic and don't even want to look at them.  My inspiration for this type of painting was the Oaxacan animal carvings that are so colorful and covered with dots.  It fit my style perfectly.

No comments: