Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Small Projects

I have been busy the past few weeks with things other than painting but did find time to paint a little.  I worked on some small projects.  I did a couple of domino train stations which I did at home and a sunflower tray and small rose bowl that I painted while at the SAAG gallery.  I'll be working two shifts this week and two next week.  I'll take something to work on in my free time.  Probably another small bowl.  Here are photos of these small projects.
Saguaro Train Stations
 


6" Rose Bowl and 16"X7" Sunflower Tray
Today I started work on two large commissioned paintings.  Both will be versions of my Surreal Saguaro.  These are going to different people.  One wants a red background and the other a black background.  I have base coated the art board panels and have added texture.  I may have to do another coat.  I will make that decision when the paint dries.  Later today I will chalk in the saguaro and maybe add the border.  The actual saguaro will take some time to paint because they are large and will have a lot of detail.  I haven't decided if I will work on them together or complete one and then work on the other.  I am leaning towards doing them simultaneously because they will have the same color palette.  I'm not sure what will work best.  Hmmmm, which way to go?


No comments: