Monday, May 2, 2016

A new painting of roses and a new cross painting

Now that I have 12 paintings hanging in  the Vicksburg Cultural Arts Center and 12 in LA's Cafe plus the one at the Kalamazoo Institute of Art my inventory of paintings is getting low.  I hope to do an arts festival in June so that means I must spend more time in my workshop creating new art.  I finished two paintings this morning.  The first one I titled "Radiant Roses".  The size is 18X14
The other painting is another 10X8 "Decorative Cross " painting.  I sell a lot of these smaller cross paintings and decided a long time ago to give them all the same name.
One of the things I have had a problem with since I moved to MI is getting good photos of my paintings.  I had the perfect wall with good lighting in Tucson.  Here I have a good wall but the lighting was not so good.  I cannot use a flash so I have to have really bright light.  I finally solved the problem here.  Roger installed track lighting and we used very bright LED bulbs.  Here is a photo of my new lighting.
Now that I have that problem taken care of the next project is for Roger is to change out the light fixtures in my shop to improve the lighting there.

I have one more thing to share.  This is family news.  Back in early March I posted a photo of a color pencil drawing that my grand-daughter Samantha had hanging in a county wide art show for high school students at the Carnegie Center for the Arts. The same painting was chosen to be shown at another show at Carnegie which was a Three Rivers all Schools show.  I am happy to say she won an award on her drawing.  I want to mention that she had about 5 works of art in various mediums in the show and that  her sister Janaya, who is a Freshman, also had a drawing in the show.  I wish I would have thought to take photos of the girls with their art but I didn't.  Here is a copy of Sam's drawing which I posted back in March.

No comments: