Saturday, July 13, 2013

12" Red Rose Plate

This was yesterday's project.  It is a 12' wooden plate.  Since I sold the last rose bowl that I had at the SAAG Gallery I decided to do another rose and thought it would be perfect on this plate.  I have painted a large red rose many times in every size canvas from 4foot square to 5X7.  I have painted it on bowls and trays and this is the second plate I did.  The other one was a 8 inches.  I have that one saved to donate to the SAAG monthly give-a-way sometime in the future.  Even though I have painted the rose many times for some reason this one seems especially beautiful to me.  I will post a few other versions below.

I first had the idea of painting an endless rose that went from border to border in December of 2008.  This is the first one that I painted.  I'm sorry to say I don't remember who bought it and also how many others I painted in this size over the years.  I started to keep better records in the past few years so I do know who bought the last one.  It was in January to my friend Randi.  Here is the one she owns.

Last June I did a painting demonstration for a fund raiser for SAACA.   I did this four foot square canvas in two hours.  If you go back through my older posts you will find the story about that event.



No comments: