Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Something old, something new, something recycled.

I'm busy getting ready for the Three Rivers Artist Guild Holiday Show.  I have less than a week until my scheduled set up time.  I have so much to do.   I have to make price tags and painting labels,  I must do a bio update.  I have greeting cards to print. I have to decide how to do my display.  The list goes on and on.

 I did a few last minute paintings.  The first two photos are of what I call "old" paintings.  They are some of my best selling designs which I have painted many versions of in the past. Each version has sold.  The first one is my classic "Endless Rose" on a 12X12 stretch canvas.  The second one is "Equine Mystic".  I recently did a larger 11X14 version which I am showing at LA's Coffee Cafe. I chose to do a smaller 8X10 for this show.


I also did a new design which was inspired by a duck decoy that I found at a yard sale.  I am displaying it on my new shelf unit.  It is on the bottom shelf with another duck on a stick.
I had been wanting to do a still life painting for the holiday show.  In most of my still life paintings I feature a container of flowers with some object or piece of fruit at the base.  I knew I wanted to do an arrangement with sunflowers but couldn't decide what else to put in the painting until I had an ah-ha moment and decided on the duck decoy.  I was trying to come up with something that would look more mid-western then all my previous south-western still live paintings.  I think I accomplished my goal with "Duck Decoy Still Life".  Size of this one is 16X12
So you have seen my something old and something new, now for the something recycled.

 I wanted another floral painting for the holiday show but knew I didn't have time to do one. Then I remembered I had a box of  paintings that I had taken out of frames when I was packing up for the move from Tucson to Michigan.  I found the box and discovered this painting titled "Pink Blush".  I went though my frames and decided on one that seemed to be a perfect match for this 20X16 painting.  It gave new life to a painting that has been tucked away in a box for over a year.  Hopefully it will find a home here in Michigan.


No comments: