Thursday, June 13, 2013

Why I am called "The Dot Lady"

 
This is the 8X10 painting I did yesterday.  If  you wondered where I got the nick-name "The Dot Lady"  it is because of paintings like this one that abound with dots.  Like the virgin painting I posted yesterday, I also have a large version of this one that is hanging in an exhibit at the Sheraton Hotel.  I'll post photo below.  It is 18X22.  It has even more dots than the one above.  Again, the computer makes them look the same size but the bottom one is much larger in person than the top one.
I have a new canvas base painted and have the pattern transferred on to it but I am not going to start it until tomorrow.  We went bowling this morning and have Bible Study this evening so I decided to take the afternoon off from painting.  Since I won't have a new painting to post tomorrow I have planned something different that I hope you will enjoy seeing.  You will have to wait until tomorrow to find out what it is.

No comments: