Saturday, June 8, 2013

2 of my classic Desert Scenes of Arizona



Here are two 8X10 Classic Desert Scenes that I completed today.   After finishing these this morning I decided to apply the polycrylic.  If you read the last couple of posts you know that I don't like the job of applying the polycrylic.  Usually I wait until I have a number of projects done then take a day and apply the polycrylic on them together. 
This time I thought of how much easier it would be to just have 2 paintings to finish off and I was right.  It was much easier and only took a short time to complete the nasty but necessary job. Once the finishing coats were dry I was able to put them in the frames and take a photo of them.  I did have something happen that had never happened before.  While shooting in the framer points one of the frames came apart.  It was beyond repair so I had to come up with another frame.  I did not have one that matched exactly the frame that the other painting is in so had to use one that is slightly different.  Usually I paint these scenes in sets with matching frames.  In most cases they sell individually but sometimes the customer wants a matching pair.  In looking through the 8X10 frames I have in stock I discovered that I don't have any matching sets.  That has never happened before either.  Oh well, that is okay since I have a good supply of really nice wider molding 8X10 frames.  I'll spend the next few months creating paintings for these frames to sell at the Sun City Art Fair in November. 

No comments: