Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Pots, Plants and Pomegranates

You saw the above sketched pattern in the last post.  I did the painting yesterday which you see below.  I think it looks good in this frame and color scheme....much better then the one that I designed it for.  I'm so glad I gave it a second thought and changed my mind and decided on the boots and hat for that frame and canvas.  All the paintings I have done since I got my canvas delivery last week are 8X10.  I will continue working on that size for awhile. I need to replenish my stock and I have some really nice frames that I want to fill.  I almost never mention the price of my paintings on this blog but I will let you know most 8X10's are $45 to $55.  The price variation depends how wide and fancy the frame is. 
I was in the shop early this morning and decided to sort through all my patterns and set aside some that I would like to paint.  I found some that I haven't done for awhile and that have always sold in the past.   I also did a little organizing and cleaned some brushes.  It makes it more enjoyable to paint when things are not such a mess.

A word to my viewers.  I know there are quite a few of you out there because my hit count keeps going up but I seldom have any comments.  I would love to have feedback from you.  Do any of you have any suggestions of subjects you would like to see me paint?  I talked about painters block in my last post.  I usually don't run out of ideas but sometimes I'm not sure what I should paint next.  Any ideas would be appreciated.  The comment section is at the end of each post.  click where it says No Comments and it will give you a place to make a comment.

No comments: