Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Two new craft items

I Sold two bowls at the SAAG Gallery, the Rose Bowl and Sarape Bowl.  I have been busy the past two days painting the two items posted below as replacement items for my gallery display.  Since the Rose Bowls always sell I did another one and decided on a Southwest Still Life pattern for the box.  I had to interrupt the the canvas painting I was working on to get these items done.  I will complete that painting today.  I will post photo of it tomorrow.
I have a comment on the spelling of the work SARAPE.  Sometimes spell check will tell me that it is spelled SERAPE.  In doing research I found it is acceptable to use both spellings.  It just so happens that the first time I was looking for images of the Mexican blanket it was spelled with an "A" so I used that spelling but since spell check always wants me to change it to an "E" I just might do that the next time I paint a SERAPE!  Any comments from my Spanish speaking viewers?

No comments: