Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Southwest Heat in a Basket

"Southwest Heat in a Basket"
11 X 14
I did not plan to do a painting a week in 2012 but so far it has worked out that way.  Even with taking a weekend trip I was still able to complete a painting in the past week.

This one is totally new subject matter.  I love this  rustic frame which is another yard sale find.  As I studied the wood I suddenly could visualize a beat up old basket.  The question was what to put in the basket.  Then the idea of chili peppers came to me.  I did a google search and decided on jalapeno, habanero, and fresno red peppers which gave me a mix of red, green and orange.  I had fun doing this painting because it was something different. 

I am starting my next painting today which my oldest grand-daughter asked me to do for her church. 

No comments: