Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Two new flower paintings

Luminous Orchid
22X18
Took some time off from painting because our son Brian came for a short visit last week.  He came from San Antonio on the train.  He enjoyed the experience so much that we may try it when we visit him and his family in June. 

I was working on the painting I posted below when he came.  It is another version of my Endless Rose painting which sells well.  This one is rather large.  After Brian left I finished it and also did the one posted above.  I had done this one before  and gave it as a gift to our grand-daughter Kara who loves all things tropical.  I am entering both paintings along with 8 others in the new SAAG Sheraton Exhibit which starts in April.

I am now ready to paint another peacock that Brian wants me to do for him.  It will be done on a grey background with red and black borders with accents of red in the tail.  I started working on the background today along with the background of the painting I will do when I finish the peacock.  That one will be of dragonflies.  I was inspired by a T-shirt an opposing team member was wearing at the bowling alley on Monday.  It was covered with dragonflies.  I thought that would be a good subject for my critter collection. 
Endless Rose
20X24

No comments: