Sunday, February 12, 2012

Another fun painting

Desert Dwellers
13X13
What can I say?  I have so much fun doing these crazy critter paintings.  I can't believe how fast I got this one done.  I was listening to a very good book on CD and couldn't tear myself away from it so just kept painting and here is the result. ( By-the-way, the name of the book is  Cutting for Stone.)  I guess also that I am motivated by having another exhibition booked even if it is a year away. Since I have a theme for the show I want to get some paintings ready.  Of course if someone wants to buy one now I will sell it and paint another later. 

I have already started my next painting which will be a combination saguaro and animal painting.  I also have someone interested in a commission.  I will talk to her early next week and get started on that one when this new one is finished.

 I usually work on two paintings at once by starting work on the background of a new painting while I am finishing up the current one.  Since I do borders on most paintings it takes a number of steps to complete the background so I get this started before I frame the painting I am working on.  That way I am ready to start the subject matter as soon a I post the photo of the new completed painting.

 Sounds like all I do is paint but I still find time to bowl a couple of times a week and have lunch with friends and help my husband with the design work of his stained glass projects.  We also try to get to the gym to work out a few times a week.  This is what our retirement is like.  What Fun!!

No comments: