Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Another week, another painting

Desert Oasis
12 X 22
I completed another painting this week.  It is one of my classic desert scenes.  I have  no idea  how many of these I have done.  Each one features mountains and a saguaro and other desert plants.  They are all very colorful.  Although they are the same subject matter each one is different.  I just freehand a drawing on the canvas and choose colors as I paint.  I never know what the finished painting will look like until it is done.  I haven't done one yet that hasn't sold so I guess people like them.  I enjoy painting them!

2 comments:

Doodles said...

Pam, I recently found your page while googling "southwestern desert paintings" I was so excitied to find these. They are beautiful, and something similar to what I do. I am an amateaur painter who has lived in southeastern NM all my life. Your story has given me inspiration to continue what I've been doing. I don't sell yet, but maybe someday I can be discovered. Thank you, Trish

Pam Davidson said...

I did not see this comment when it was posted a couple of months ago. If you see this Trish I wanted to let you know I appreciate the nice words and wish you blessings with your painting. If you would like to email me my address is rogpamd@msn.com Thanks...Pam