Friday, February 17, 2012

Red Reflections and Mustang Blue Saguaro

Red Reflections
18X24
This painting is a commissioned job.  It is a little different than most of my work.  Maybe a little impressionistic.  It is what the buyer requested. She loves bright colors and the room where it will hang features red and amber.  Notice there is no border and no dots also at her request but if you study it close you will find one dot.  Look at my signature and at the bottom of the star burst is a dot.  Since I am known as the "dot lady" I had to sneak one in there somewhere.  I was happy with the way this came out and plan to do another version of it in the future but with a border. 


Mustang Blue Saguaro
18X14
This one combines both a cactus and horses.  I did a similar one in the past and it sold pretty fast to a horse lover.  Since the exhibition next year is featuring cacti and critters I thought it would be a good one to show.  If I sell it before then I will just do another.

No comments: