Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Yesterday's Painting Projects

I had a full day of painting yesterday.  I didn't have to leave the house for anything so did a sweats and no makeup day and spent lots of time painting.  I worked on two projects.  One was the commissioned desert scene bowl that was ordered by my "bowl lady".   The other was a slight do-over on a box I painted in the fall.  It was pots, plants and a pumpkin.  I decided to change the pumpkin to a bowl of apples.  It was a quick fix to take away the look of fall and Thanksgiving and make it more appropriate for showing this time of year.  Here is the before photo:
With a few strokes of the brush I turned the pumpkin into a bowl of apples!
I will be showing this box at the spring show at the SAAG Gallery.
This bowl was painted for Mary who plans to give it as a gift to a friend.  At Christmas  she ordered 6 other bowls that she gave as presents.  That is why I call her my "bowl lady".

I have had a busy morning today with no painting time and will leave soon for a lunch and shopping date with a friend.  I may start a new project later this afternoon.  I am finished with all my painting orders so will be working on some new ideas which is something I enjoy doing.

No comments: