Monday, March 17, 2014

More painted boots!

This is the 4th pair of boots I have painted.  The first two pairs were my own boots.  The third pair was for a friend who is an artist.  I posted photos of all the boots on Facebook and another artist friend shared the photos and one of her friends saw then and made contact with me about painting her boots.  Since she lives on the other side of town, she mailed them to me.  I got them a few days later and painted them over the weekend and will mail them back to her tomorrow.

Because these boots are a dark brown and she wanted them bright and colorful I under painted the design in white them applied the colors.  It worked perfect.  I then coated the paint with a protective coat of clear acrylic that has a touch of glitter which gives them a little sparkle.  Most cowgirl boots have a stitched design so I incorporate that design in my pattern.  When I painted the first pair of boots for myself I never dreamed I would be painting boots for other people!

My next project is a bowl with a desert scene that is for Mary who I call my "Bowl Lady.  If you scroll back to December posts you will see all the bowls she bought from me to give as Christmas gifts.  I think the number was around  seven of them.  I heard from her last week and she wanted another bowl.  I didn't have any on hand but was blessed in finding the perfect bowl at our Church Rummage sale this past Saturday.

 I also wanted to  mention I finished painting the bowling pins that will be given as trophies to the willing team on our bowling league at the banquet in mid April.  I'll post photos of them soon.

 Who would have thought?  Bowling pins, Bowls, Boots!  What fun I have painting all these items!

No comments: