Saturday, March 22, 2014

"Falling Leaves"

I have company coming soon so decided to straighten the spare bedrooms.  I use one of them as a bedroom/gallery/painting storage room.  One side of the room has gridwall panels where I hang paintings that are ready for upcoming exhibitions.  I also store things that are too big to keep in my studio.  I had some very large frames that I was able to put in the closet but I also had this really big canvas that I had no place to store.  I looked around the room and noticed the area above the closet was just the right size but didn't want to hang it as is so took it to my shop and painted a quickie abstract.  I don't paint many abstracts but when I do I enjoy the process.  I matched colors in the room and here is what I came up with.
I decided to call it "Falling Leaves" because that is what I saw when I looked at it.  Size is 20X59
This photo shows what it looks like hanging above the closet doors.  The discs on the right are something I did when we painted the room a number of years ago.  See the photo below for a close up.

There are five 12" wooden discs.  I did a simple geometric pattern on each one.  The terracotta strip is painted on the wall and the discs are hanging on it.  It was a good way to accent the small angled wall.
I thought I might as well show the bed so you can see how the colors all blend together.  The light streak on the bed is the from  sunlight which was coming in from the unshaded high window over the bed.  You can also see a section of the gridwall panels with hanging paintings.  Anyway that was my unplanned spontaneous project for the day.  By-the-way, I don't think I'll sell the abstract because I like how it looks in the room so will keep it for myself.

I'll show yesterday's project tomorrow.

No comments: