Sunday, March 23, 2014

Painting and matching sconces

One of the items I got at our church rummage sale last week was a pair of sconces.  I had a frame that I thought would be a good companion piece so I decided to do a matching set.  Here is a photo of the 3 items together.
I am now second guessing my choice of subject matter.  Yes, I do think the flowers and grapes look good together but I'm thinking of of breaking up the set and selling the painting as is and redoing the sconces.  Since I sell more southwest themed items than anything else I am thinking of painting the sconces black and doing either a saguaro or a string of chili peppers on them.  Before I do that I will put them in the SAAG Gallery as a set and see what happens.  If they don't sell in a few weeks I'll bring the sconces home and redo them.

I have a new commission for a painting that I would like to get done this week and I have a few more functional items I want to have for the next session at the gallery which starts on April 1.  I have back to back company coming soon so I have to get as much painting done this week as possible.  I better head for the shop and get started right now.

No comments: