Monday, January 27, 2014

Something for me

This project is something I did for myself.  I love cowgirl boots and have seen these beautiful boots online but the price is much more than I want to pay.  Here is a photo of those very expensive boots.
I have a pair of over 20 year old brown boots that were looking pretty shabby and the idea came to me to spruce them up a little bit.  I have done paintings of cowgirl boots so why not paint some real boots?  Here is what I did.
I did not try to make them look like the expensive boots but did use the color scheme for my inspiration. I had planned to take a before photo but forgot.  Take my word for it that they were pretty beat up looking. The toes were all scuffed up but  the soles are good and they are extremely comfortable so I thought it was worth a try.  I am happy with the results and can't wait to wear them.

No comments: