Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Jackrabbit

I went almost a week without an opportunity to paint.  Everyday was full of activities from morning to night.  Finally yesterday I was able to get back to painting.  I did this little fellow.  

My next project is a commissioned job.  I had painted 3 chairs for some friends a few years ago. Each chair has a different image on the seat.   They recently bought a stool and decided they wanted to have me paint the seat with an image that will compliment the chairs.  They chose a saguaro cactus done in the Mata Ortiz style.  I'm glad they were able to remove the seat from the stool and bring only that to me.  It makes it much easier to work on that way.  I prepped it yesterday and will start the painting today.  I'll post a photo when it is completed.

No comments: