Friday, January 17, 2014

Mata Ortiz Saguaro on Stool Seat


This is the commissioned job I just finished.  It is the seat of a stool.  Size is 15" in diameter.  The owners removed if from the stool to make it easier for me to paint.  I believe it is a metal stool with a back.  Hopefully I'll get to see it when it is put together. 

My next painting will be something I did before in a smaller size which I sold at the gallery.   It is roses in a Talavera style vase.  When I finished the first one I thought I would like to do another changing the roses from red to white.  That is what I am going to do with this one.  Below is a photo of the pattern traced onto the prepped canvas sitting in the frame that I decided on for the new larger 20X16 painting.  It is a preview of things to come.  Below that is a photo of the first 15X11 painting with the red roses .  It will be interesting to see how they compare to each other.  I'll post photo when I complete the new painting.

No comments: