Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Mama Quail

Here is the quail I finished yesterday.  Usually I call all the critters I paint "he" but in this case I decided this is a Mama Quail.  I painted another quail statue a few months ago which sold at the Sun City Arts Festival which was a definite "he".  Too bad I didn't have them at the same time.  They would have made a cute couple.  I'll post a photo of him below.
My next project is a commissioned job. My friend who bought the free standing coyote wants a painted version that is smaller than the one I did recently that you can see a few posts back.  Anyway, she found the perfect size frame which she gave to me. The canvas is cut to fit the frame and I have it base coated and as soon as it is dry I'll paint it.  I also have to start work on two entries to an exhibition called "Double Exposure"  which will open in March.  I'll give more information on that closer to the time of the show.

No comments: