Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Trays and Bowl

I  completed the last of the trays and bowls that I have accumulated at yard sales this past year.  Guess I have to start my Saturday morning excursions again.  I am also low on my stock of frames.  If you go back in this blog to much older posts you will find a photo of some of these things in their original condition.  They were all pretty nasty looking when I bought them.  The round tray was the worse.  I think it may have been hand carved and looked like it had been smoke damaged in a fire.  That is why I decided to paint it black and use the day of the dead pattern.  I really enjoy turning objects that someone thought were at the end of their life cycle and wanted to get rid of into works of art.  I will be showing these items at the Sun City Art Festival which will be on November 3 at the Social Hall on Rancho Vistoso Blvd.

No comments: