Sunday, October 7, 2012

Report on Sheraton Opening Reception

The opening reception for the SAAG Sheraton Art Show was yesterday afternoon.  There was also a small artisan market in which I took part.  I am pleased to say I sold 4 paintings and 2 craft items which is not bad for a 3 hour time period.  The main focus of the show is the art which hangs in the halls, lobbies, and restaurants of the hotel.  This is a juried show for the members of SAAG.  The art is fantastic!  There are a wide range of styles and subject matter in both paintings and photography.  No matter what  your art preference is, you should find something that you will like.  The show will be running for six months so if you find yourself in that neighborhood stop by and take a look.  The address is 5151 S. Grant.  If you are there at lunch or dinner time try the Fire and Spice Grill in the hotel.  Yummy food!  My five paintings along with the works of a few other artists are in the Link Cafe which is off of the main lobby. 

My next show is the Sun City Art Fair which is November 3.  This is a BIG show with over 60 vendors with a wide range of various types of art.  I'll post detailed information closer to the time of the show.  From now until then I will be working on more small paintings and craft items.

 Something else I would like to mention is that I have now started to offer gift certificates.  This came about because a friend wanted to give a gift of art to someone but didn't know what she would like so asked if I would make a gift certificate for her to give.  I thought this was an excellent idea so decide to offer them.  That way the recipient can choose what they want or even commission me to do a specific painting.  If you have any questions on any of my posts you can contact me at rogpamd@msn.com or call at 520-825-6817.   You can also put comments on this blog.

No comments: