Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Domino Train Stations (1 done and 30 to go)

I got a commission for a Mexican Domino Train Station via email a few days ago requesting a hummingbird in purple and green on a mustard colored background.  The bird was to be hovering over a flower.  I was to use my own choice of color for the flower. Here is what I created.
This is the first of 31 train stations that I have to do before the Sun City Art Festival which is the last Saturday in October.  I have base coated 17 of them not counting the one above.
I still have 13 that are unpainted.
I think I will do 8 or these and leave 5 unpainted to allow for special orders.

I don't think I mentioned in a previous post that I was invited to have my own show in the Council Chamber of the Oro Valley Town Hall for the month of October.  I will show larger paintings and save the smaller ones for the Art Festival.  Lots of things coming up in the fall so I have to keep busy creating new art.

No comments: