Thursday, July 17, 2014

Stained Glass angels by Roger

A few years back Roger made a stained glass panel of an angel for his mother. The size is 22X13.  I did the design work and glass color selection.  Here is that panel.
More recently he decided to do two more of these panels to give as gifts to a couple of his cousins who live in West Virginia. He used the same pattern and I did the glass and color selection.  All of these panels are meant to be hung in a window.  Here are the two new angel stained glass panels.
He now has to build a crate in which to ship the panels.  Hopefully they will arrive safe.  There is always some worry when we mail stained glass but so far they have gotten to their destination unbroken.

I started work on the large painting I mentioned in my last post and should have it done tomorrow.  Also, I got notification today that the paintings I submitted to the Chili Pepper Exhibition had not been accepted.  Part of being an artist is to know you will not make it into every show you apply for.  I really don't mind because if they sold the commission is 50% which means I would have to raise the price accordingly.  Now I can show them at the Sun City Art Festival and sell them at a more reasonable price.

No comments: