Thursday, July 3, 2014

My first project since I got back from another trip.

It has been over two weeks since my last post.  That is because I had an unexpected trip come up.  This one was to New Mexico where I went to help my daughter with some projects.  She lives in a little mountain town and it was an escape from the heat of Tucson.  I'll post more about my trip later.
  This post will feature a project I started before I left and finished after I got back.  It was a commissioned job.  Here is the story of how it came about.  I sold my Sycamore Bowl at the gallery.  The customer saw my Saguaro serving board and decided she would like one in colors that would match the bowl.  The problem was that this board was a one of a kind item that I bought at a yard sale.  I had no way of getting another one.  I solved the problem by re-purposing the board by sanding off my painting and repainting it in her colors. Here is the first painting then the new painting and the bowl I was matching.
If you follow my blog you know I always have a number of zantangle doodles that I have done while I was traveling.  It is no different this trip.  I did quite a few but haven't had time to scan them except for one of them that I did in color.  Here it is.

No comments: