Tuesday, July 22, 2014

A painting from the past


I saw the above painting by Georgia O"Keeffe on Facebook today.  It is titled "Desert Abstraction" and was painted in 1931.  It brought to mind a painting I did a few years ago.  It was a commissioned job and the client knew exactly what she wanted.  I was able to create the image she had in mind. The size is 16X20 and the title is "Red Reflections".  Here it is.

The past few days I have been base coat painting domino train stations.  I have 20 done with another 14 to go.  I also have been working on a small cutting board while I was waiting for the paint to dry on the train stations.  I have a tray ready for a desert scene which I will do after I complete the cutting board.  I have three months until the Sun City Art Festival.  I like to have at least 80 items to show.  That will keep me busy!

No comments: