Saturday, February 22, 2014

What is a domino train station?

I was asked "what is a domino train station?"  If you play Mexican Train Dominos  you know that you start your personal train from a center spot on the table.  Some sets of dominos come with a dinky little plastic station.   Years ago a friend gave me a pattern for a large center station.  I had my son Mark, who lives in GA and  does wood working as a hobby, cut some for me.  Over the years I have sold hundreds of them.  If you read my last post you know I am sold out but I should get a shipment of about 25 today!  I'm posting a couple of photos.  One of a single train station and one of about 24 that I took to the Sun City Art Festival this past November.
I want to mention that I put a small hanger on the back of each train station so that you can hang it on the wall when you are not using it to play.  Also, many people who do not play dominos buy them just for decoration.  The shape has a very Southwest look.

No comments: