Saturday, February 8, 2014

Saguaro Serving Board

I base coated this board a long time ago so decided I should finally paint it.  Since it is long and skinny it was perfect for a saguaro.  Size is 28 inches long which includes the handle by only 5 inches wide. It is not a cutting board and not a tray.  I decide to call it a serving board.  I can picture using it to serve a long loaf of French bread.  Another idea could be using it as a centerpiece for a dinner party.  I would set salt and pepper shakers and a butter dish on it or maybe a couple of clear glass candle holders. It would look great with Fiestaware dishes in multiple colors on a lime green tablecloth,   It is definitely a conversation piece!

I am not sure what my next project will be.  I think maybe I'll do a canvas painting.  I have a canvas prepped but have not decided what my subject will be.  It too is long and skinny and will go in an interesting gold frame.  There is something about the design of the frame that makes me think of butterflies so I should probably go in that direction.  It was my first instinct when I saw the frame.  I think I'll head off to my shop and start designing a butterfly pattern right now while I'm inspired and in the mood.

No comments: