Friday, February 21, 2014

Paintings that sold this week

This was a good week for me.  I sold a number of paintings, one at the SAAG Gallery and three at home.  I also sold my last two domino train stations and took orders for 6 more.  The timing was perfect.  My son Mark from Georgia cuts them me.  He just finished 24 of them and has shipped them so they should arrive next week.  Here are the paintings that I sold.
This is "Cowgirl Dream".  It is one of my more recent paintings.  I never had a chance to show it at the gallery or exhibition.  I had a group of people come to the house to purchase domino train stations and while here they also bought some paintings.  I will have to do another version of this one to have for a show.  The size of this painting is 8X20.  For some reason it looks smaller in the photo.
I also sold a "Classic Desert Scene" size 8X10.  I have painted so many of them that I am not sure which one I sold so this may not be the exact painting but if it isn't, the one that sold would be similar.
The last one I sold at home is another 8X10 titled "Sepia Cactus".  It is one of my favorites and I have sold many versions of it in various sizes in the past.
The painting I sold at the SAAG Gallery is "Desert Beauty" and is 11X14.  In most cases when I sell something at the gallery I don't know who bought it.  I like the personal contact I get when I know the buyer. Unless I am working the gallery when I sell something I miss out on getting to know who bought the painting.  It was nice to sell the ones at home because I was able to establish a personal relationship with the new owners and will have contact with them in the future because they commissioned the domino train stations.  


No comments: