Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Bear Cabin Inn

This is the first of the commissioned train stations.  A friend belongs to a quilt group that has a retreat in the White Mts. each year at the Bear Cabin Inn.  She requested a domino train station in brown with a bear and a couple of small pine trees with Bear Cabin Inn.  I think this fits that description.  I took the photo before I applied the polycrylic to avoid that reflection that I get from the flash.  I had not erased the chalk lines which I noticed after I took the photo.  Those will be gone in the finished product.

The project I am working on now is something for my butterfly series.  I had started it before I got the domino shipment and took a break to prep the commissioned domino train stations and paint the one above. Since the other people are not in a hurry I decided to complete my butterfly box before I work on the other domino train stations.  I should probably finish the box today and start work on the train stations tomorrow.  I like being busy!

No comments: