Thursday, February 27, 2014

5 Domino Train Stations

I had a full day at home yesterday to work in my shop.  I spent six hours painting and was able to complete the five commissioned train stations.
The first one is for a lady who is visiting here from MI. She requested a quail family.
The other four are for a local couple.  They wanted each one to have a saguaro and a different southwest critter.  I went with a roadrunner, quail, gecko and coyote.  I still have to apply the polycrylic and the hangers to finish them off.

I am caught up with my commissions and am ready to start working on five bowling pins that will be presented to the members of this years winning team on the bowling league I belong to.  I have to have them done for our bowling banquet which is at the end of April.  I will work on them on and off between other projects so that I don't get bored working on the same thing.  I have tossed around a number of ideas of how to paint these pins and have decided to keep with a southwest theme and do my signature saguaro along with the league name and 1st place team.

No comments: