Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Butterfly Bowl

I mentioned a few posts back that I made a decision to do a "butterfly" series of paintings.  In that post I showed "Flight of Fancy" which is a painting on canvas.  My next addition to the series is a fairly large bowl.  It is 15" in circumference and stands 4" high.  I love the scalloped design.  I am showing two photos.  The first is when it was a work in progress.  The butterflies have the base coat of color but no decorations.  The second photo shows the completed bowl.  There is a reflection from the flash because I applied the polycrylic before I took the photo.  Usually I take a photo before the polycrylic finish to avoid the flash reflection but I forgot this time.  I tried to make the the butterflies and gold lines compatible with the canvas painting. Scroll back a few post to see it.
I am currently working on a number of projects.  I have started work base coating a canvas for the "Double Exposure" Exhibition which opens early April at the Toscana Gallery.  I also have a canvas that has been prepped for awhile on which I am transferring the pattern..  This will be a critter painting that I will probably show at the SAAG Gallery in April.  I also want to base coat a box for the butterfly series.  I have a commission for a domino train station that is due early March but I am still waiting for my shipment to come in before I can start it.  One more job I have to do is paint 5 bowling pins for trophies for our bowling league.  The banquet is mid April so I have lots to keep me busy.  Speaking of bowling....I had a 220 game last week and a 204 game this week.   I have a 150 average and struggle to keep it.  Having a 200+ game is a big deal so doing it two weeks in a row is very special!

No comments: