Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Flight of Fancy

In my last post I made the decision to do a butterfly painting.  I got the inspiration from the frame which somehow reminded me of butterfly wings.  I must say I really enjoyed everything about doing this painting from drawing the pattern to color choice and decorating the butterflies.  I was very happy with the results and have decided to do a butterfly series.  I plan to do a bowl and box and maybe a tray all of which will be covered with butterflies.  I will feature them at the next session of the SAAG Gallery which will start at the beginning of April.  I hope there are lots of butterfly lovers out there who would like to own these paintings.  The size of the above painting is 20X8.  Look for more butterfly paintings to come.

No comments: