Sunday, November 24, 2013

Very Large Surreal Saguaro

I completed the 4'X2' Surreal Saguaro commissioned painting and the owner picked it up yesterday.  This painting is done on an artist box with 2" sides.  The buyer was very specific on what he wanted.  He wanted it as close as possible to the saguaro on my business card with a red background.  My shop is small and I had to set the board up on boxes to work on it.  There was not much room to move around.  I was glad to finish it and glad he was happy with the end results.  I don't think I want to do another project this large for a LONG time.  As soon as I finished it I took the time to paint another Cowgirl's Delight box.  I sold the one I had at the SAAG Gallery and needed a replacement.  Photo is below.

What comes next?  I have two more commissioned jobs, another desert scene bowl and an 8X10 roadrunner.  Those will be next.  After that I will just paint what ever I am in the mood to paint.  I'll work on new ideas for canvas paintings.  My inventory is getting low and I have some shows coming up in 2014.  Also, since I have collected a good supply of functional items I will work on them in between the canvas paintings.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.  I will be taking some time off and won't post again until December.

No comments: