Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Tiny and Huge projects!

The past two days were very busy.  On both days I left the house early in the morning and didn't get home until after 5 PM.  I was just too tired in the evenings to get any painting done.  I am happy to say I have no place I have to be today but home so will have a lot of quality painting time.   My last project is quite a contrast to my next project.  Here is a photo of the tiny roadrunner I found at a yard sale. He measures 9" from tip of beak to end of tail and stands 4" high. I think I might gift him to a friend.
My next project is a commissioned painting and is 4' tall and 2' wide.  I base coated the artist box in red and sketched the saguaro on in chalk pencil.  I start the painting today. Here is a photo as it looks now.  I will post a photo when the painting is finished.  It will probably be after Thanksgiving before I complete the painting.
Tomorrow I will post information on the SAAG Gallery Holidazzle Show which opens tomorrow.

No comments: