Friday, November 22, 2013

Blue Bottle and Prickly Pears

I did this painting a couple of years ago.  For some reason it is one of my favorite paintings.  I enjoyed painting it and I was happy with the results.  I also love the frame.  It is very old and was in poor shape and I had to repair it and then refinish it.  I love the scalloped inner edge and tried to complement it with the way I decorated the border.  I think because I like it I have only shown it a few times and put a higher price on it.  I usually hold it back from a show but I needed a replacement painting for "Queen of the Night" which I sold at Soundpoint Audiology so decided it was time to show it again.  If it doesn't sell this time I think I willkeep it and find a place to hang it in my home.  Below is a photo of the painting that I sold. 
I may finish the large saguaro painting that I am working on today.  I'll post a photo of it as soon as it is done.  Must get back to work now if I want to complete it today!

No comments: