Saturday, February 9, 2013

Report on Degrazia Show

The DeGrazia Show opened on January 27 and closed yesterday which was February 8.  There were emotional highs and lows during that time.  If you read older posts you know that Earl Wettstein who was showing with me passed away on January 9.  His family decided to go on with the show in his honor.  We had good publicity with a couple of newspaper articles about the circumstances of the show.  This brought in lots of people along with many of Earl's friends who came because they wanted to purchase Earl's art.  Also, there are so many tourists who come to DeGrazia to enjoy Ted DeGrazia's art then come to the little gallery to see the guest artists art. Sales were good for both Earl and myself. About half way through the show we had our own family tragedy with the death of my mother-in-law in Ohio.  With the help of Earl's family and friends and members of SAAG working the show I was able to fly back to Ohio with my husband for her funeral. I am so thankful to all those people who pitched in to help during a stressful time.  As I mentioned above, emotions were high with the sadness of loss of love ones and the excitement of having a successful show.  I am ready to settle back into the routine of everyday life spending time in my studio each day creating art.  I have three commissioned paintings I have to do first then I will start new paintings working towards more shows later this year.  I'll post photos upon completion of each painting.

No comments: