Tuesday, February 26, 2013

June Blooms

This is my newest desert scene painting.  It is titled "June Blooms".  The size is 16X12.  June is the month the saguaro is in full bloom along with a lot of the other cacti and wildflowers.  I decided to do a painting featuring all of these.  For some reason the photo looks a little washed out.  The colors in the painting are much more vibrant.  I think I had the lighting wrong when I took the picture but am too lazy to take another one. 
Now that most of the exhibitions are over I have some time to devote to painting.  My next one is something new and different.  Actually it is a test run on an idea that a friend gave me to include in a collage painting I will do for her.  I decided to do a small painting of the idea and if I like how it comes out that will be the prototype for the one in the collage.  I'll post a photo when it is done and try to get the lighting better.

No comments: