Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Roy and Sue's Camp (Lincon Lodge)

This project was different than what I usually do. It was also a challenge. I have friends who have what they call a camp and what I call cabin in upstate New York. It was built by Sue's parents in the 1940's. She asked me to do three small paintings based on a photo she gave me. I told her I would give it a try. She hasn't seen them yet so hopefully she will like them. I worked on them simultaneously. The cabin is tucked in the woods and surrounded by trees....lots and lots of green. Quite different from AZ! I tryed to stay as close to the photo as I could. Since the paintings are so small there is not much detail but I did include the Adirondack chairs. The photo I am posting is not as clear as I would like but it was the best image I could get. Hope you enjoy seeing it. I think it is now time to get back to southwest themed paintings. I don't have much time until the November art fair.
Sue came to look at the paintings today and loved them. I even got a hug! The name of the cabin is "Lincoln Lodge" which is what I will title the paintings. I have to complete the framing and will deliver them to her tonight.

No comments: