Friday, September 14, 2012

Morning Glories

This is my painting of morning glories. As mentioned in my last post it is a subject I did many times when I lived in Ohio but when we moved to AZ I changed my direction to southwestern subjects. Recently I ran acrosss a painting of morning glories by Georgia O'Keeffe which inspired me to paint them again. I have a number of fancy 11X14 frames that I bought for $2 each. I thought one of them would be perfect for the painting. I refinished it before I started the painting. Instead of copying Georgia's style of a close up of just a couple of flowers I decided to do what I had traditionally done in the past. Keep in mind that was in the days when I was doing only functional art so they would be on something like a tray. This is the first time I have done them on canvas. I was happy with the results and hopefully there will be a morning glory lover out there who will want to buy it. Posted below is the painting by Georgia that gave me the inspiration.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think your painting is amazing. It just amazes me how you just pick up a brush and start on a plain canvas and come up with all the beautiful paintings. Its inspiring. You are very talented. Do you ever paint lilacs? Love Kim & Jake