Sunday, September 9, 2012

Desert Tray and Gecko Bowl

Two more functional items completed. The tray is 17X14. I painted one of my classic desert scenes. I used terracotta and orange shades which are the colors that seem to sell best. The oval bowl is 19X11, I decided to paint a gecko and used lots of bright colors. I have been working on bowls and trays for a few weeks and still have some more items to paint including domino holders but I think I will hold off on those and do some canvas paintings next. I am going to work on some mid size paintings. I have a number of nice 11x14 frames that I would like to use. My next painting will not be southwest. I recently saw a morning glory painting by Georgia O'Keeffe that brought back memories of paintings I did featuring the morning glory many years ago when I lived in Ohio. Thought I would do one just because it is something different.

No comments: