Monday, May 5, 2014

Sycamore Bowl with Desert Scene

I am back to work in my shop after 4 groups of company in 6 weeks.  We enjoyed the time we spent with all our guests but now it is time to get back to creating new art.  That is what is so great about retirement.  We can work when we want to and play when we want to.

In my previous post I showed all the stuff I found at yard sales.  I completed the first piece.  It is an unusual hunk of sycamore that was carved into this odd shape that I am calling a bowl.  Thanks to cousin Mickey who spotted it and pointed it out to me.  I might have missed it if it hadn't been for him.  The first photo is a "before" shot and then a couple of photos of the finished product taken at different angles to get full effect of the painting.
I took this photo after I cleaned it up.  I should have taken one before I did that.  It was pretty dirty.


I'll be showing this bowl at the SAAG Gallery.  I sold the large Butterfly Bowl this past weekend and painted this on to put to fill the empty spot in my display.

No comments: