Friday, May 16, 2014

Another Prize Winning Painting!

The opening reception for the Accounting Allies Exhibition was yesterday evening and much to my surprise one of my paintings won a ribbon.  "White Roses in Talavera Vase" took third place.  It has been a good month for me.  It is the second time I won third place in an art exhibition in a 4 weeks time period.  I also won a people's choice award in an exhibition at the end of last year to add to my collection of awards and ribbons.   My total is four third place, two honorable mentions, and two people's choice awards.  Here is the newest winning painting.
This is the first time this painting has been shown in an exhibition.  It is the second version of the subject matter.  The first painting I did features red roses.  It sold quickly when I showed it at the SAAG Gallery so I decided to do a similar painting with white roses in a larger size.  Here is a photo of the first painting titled "Roses in Talavera Vase".  Even though it looks the same size as the one above it is smaller.  The one above is 21X19 and below is 14X11.
I have another painting in the Accounting Allies Exhibition.  It was painted for a cancer awareness exhibition.  If you look closely you will see I incorporated ribbons in colors that represent various types of cancer.  I painted it to honor family and friends who are cancer survivors.  This is the second time I have shown this painting.  It is 18" square and is titled "New Life."

No comments: