Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Yard Sale Treasures

Our area had community yards sales this past Saturday.  I had to take advantage of so many sales even though we have company visiting from out of town.  They were willing so off we went.  I hit the jackpot!  They were happy with what they got too, although they had to limit size of what they bought to what will fit in a suitcase.  On the other hand I found some large items.  I found a nice side table at one place and a chair at another.  It wasn't till I took this photo that I noticed how good they looked together.  I have decided to paint them as a set. I also got a number of nice bowls and various other interesting items.  Here is a photo of what I got and how they look now.  As I paint each item I will post a photo of how I re-purposed them.  I already have ideas dancing around in my mind.  I won't have any painting time until this weekend and when I do get back to painting I have to complete a commissioned job and I should do a few canvas paintings before I move on to my yard sale treasures.

No comments: