Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Critter Collage 2

My last commissioned painting was picked up yesterday.  It is a smaller version of "Critter Collage".  The size is 16X20.  The customer furnished the frame.  Here is a photo of the painting.
I did this one slightly different than the first larger version of the painting.  In this one I eliminated the scorpion and tarantula and replaced them with a jackrabbit.  I also changed the direction of the horse and added some baby quails.  I used the same color pallet but changed up color placement.  Below is a photo of the larger 28X22 version.  You can see they are the same but different in their own unique way.  
I found one other difference in the two paintings when I was searching my computer files for this one.  It is titled "Colorful Critter Collage".  I had forgotten that so the new one has the title of "Critter Collage".

I am all caught up with my commissioned work so am taking a short painting break and enjoying my company.  I did have a little time yesterday to put in some shop time while my husband and Kara went to the pool.  Sorry but 80 is just too cold for me to go swimming.  It has to be over 100 before I will go into the water.  I opted to stay home and work in the shop.  I prepped some domino train stations and a box.  Now if I get some free time I have something ready to paint.

No comments: