Sunday, April 20, 2014

Happy Easter 2014

I want to send Easter Blessings to all my blog followers.  I decided to share this painting I in 2010.  The title is "Ukrainian Egg Cross".  I painted it for an Exhibition/Contest that had the theme of cultural diversity.  Over the years many people have compared my use of dots to other types of "dot art" in other cultures such as the Aboriginal dot painting, Byzantine style painting, and Ukrainian Easter Egg painting.  That is where I got my inspiration to do this painting.  I did not get a prize on this piece but did sell it during the exhibition.  This is a one of a kind painting.  I have never done another that is even similar.

I did receive an honorable mention on the other painting I entered.  The title of that painting is "Dia de los Muertos".  Much of my subject matter is based on Mexican Folk Art so with the theme of cultural diversity I thought The Day of the Dead would be a good subject.  I also sold that painting during the exhibition.  I have done many versions of the subject over the years.  It has been one of my more popular subjects.  Here is a photo of the painting.

No comments: