Thursday, July 2, 2020

June catch-up!

I can't believe I did not do a blog post in the month of June.  Time has a way of passing too fast.  Here are some things that went on in June.

In my last post I showed photos of our patio project but at that time we did not have our patio furniture.  Here is a photo of the finished patio with furniture.

One of the projects I did in June was to refinish this candle ring that one of my neighbors gave me.  It goes around the umbrella pole in the center of the table.  I didn't have it in the photo above.  It was copper in color when I got it and I decided I would refinish it to match the umbrella.  Here it is.

We have been taking an early morning walk every day, weather permitting.  When we come home we enjoy breakfast on our patio. Since we can't go to our exercise class because of the virus, we decided we must take a long walk every day. We walk around 2 miles in the morning then do another mile in the evening when it cools off.  On most evenings we stop and visit with a group of friends who meet in the open garage of one of the neighbors.  We keep our chairs at a social distance and enjoy each other's company. One evening they came down to our house and met on our patio.  It reminds me of the old days when I was a little girl and neighbors used to spend time together on their front porches.

The Owl and Rabbit Gallery where I have some of my paintings was able to open under Phase 2.  During the shut down they moved the gallery to a larger building in the downtown area.  I have not been there to see it in person but have seen photos and it looks great.  I sold two paintings after they reopened.  Here are the paintings that sold.



Another thing that happened in June is that our oldest son, Mark, turned 60!  We helped him celebrate his birthday with dinner here.  His wife, Leslie, made the cake. It was yummy.


I think I mentioned in previous post about Mark's woodworking talent.  He used that talent to make us gifts for Mother's Day and Father's Day.  He made this chess set as a gift to me for Mother's Day.


For Father's Day he made Roger this clock and this door letter.



I spent a lot of the month of June doodling.  Here are a few that I did.




Our current home improvement project is our powder room.  We stripped it out and have repainted and installed a new light fixture.  Roger has just started working on the floor tile. When that is done he will tile the walls half way up.  We will replace the vanity and toilet and mirror.  I'll post photos when it is done. 

That is it for now.  We are doing okay in this new way of life and are thankful that we have things to fill our time.

3 comments:

Jim said...

Great work! My wife and I met you while I worked for Republic Steel with Roger--we went to see a bunch of player pianos restored by a fellow worker. These days, we are spending quite a bit of time in North Carolina visiting children and grandchildren around the Raleigh area. If possible, I would like to get in contact with Roger. Thanks and keep up the creative work.

Unknown said...

Hi, Pam,
Are you the Pamela Davidson that created the etching called Travelers?
It was one of my mom's favorites. I have it now and it has become one of my favorites too.
She bought it in Birmingham, MI in 1973.
It is 1/10 in the series. I am not looking to sell it or anything I was just wondering about it.
Any information would be helpful.
Thanks,
Tim Shoemaker

Pam Davidson said...

Hi Tim,
Sorry to say I am not the artist that created Traveles so can not give you any information.

Pam