Saturday, December 21, 2013

A different bowl and box

I finished two new projects.  The subject matter of both fit my usual style but the objects are a little different. 

This box has a rough textured finish and has an insert for the painting which gives it a framed effect. 

I decided to call this object a bowl.  It is has an odd shape and is about 3" deep and has a flat bottom.  I don't think it was meant to be a planter because it is made of wood.  Anyway, it is a great decorative piece.  I think it would be perfect to set on a coffee table and use for a container for the TV remote.

 I finally got the news of when my show at the Tucson Botanical Gardens will be.  I was hoping it wouldn't be too soon because I need time to prepare.  Guess I don't need to worry about having enough time....my show is scheduled for December of 2015!

I will work on some canvas paintings next.  They will be for the SAAG Gallery and Soundpoint Audiology. 

No comments: